Wednesday 21 November 2007

Research

I researched for parasitic designs and through doing this I noticed different types of parasites.
Firstly I found an example of lazer cut marquetry by greenwich village going back to the idea of materials being parasitic.

The idea of something which changes the form of an existing object is really interesting to me the fabric changes the use of the chairs and creates something new without damaging it.

I find this product so inspiring for this project changing the use of this chair and making it something else and something so much more attractive that what it was.

Objects clinging to another or surrounding it, using ivy as the comparison again.


The stool is such a visual parasite on this chair I think I would need a good concept to do something similar to this though. The chair below it is a similar example when looking to it as a parasite it just reminds me of a backpack or clinging child.

And finally the idea of collections of parasites again... these patches stick together to create forms which the user creates. This is an example which gives me similar ideas to the parasite badges or objects on the wallpaper.

No comments: