Wednesday 21 November 2007

Parasites


I started with a project on Boundaries. I was exploring the relationships between a person and their personal boundaries. I looked at protecting personal space and the oposing idea of intergrating it. When looking at intergrating boundaries I thought about seating which forces people together, and squashes their personal space. I created ideas about applying pattern to particular spaces, the chairs and tables and objects in a room could be forced into an intricate pattern which overlapped space. I then thought about the pattern being applyed to all surfaces and it became an invasion of pattern. From this idea I moved on to the invading pattern become a physical thing, a set of objects or imposing entity and from this long chain of thought I came up with the concept of... PARASITES.

No comments: