Wednesday 21 November 2007

Velcro wallpaper






Done some pretty naff prototypes. The idea behind velcro wallpaper could be quite interesting, I made a few box shelves and thay stick suprisingly well. I imagine some intricate patterned wallpaper which would have a similar appearance to flocked wallpapers. This would be nicer if I can get hold of rolls of velcro material which I can cut patterns into rather than the annoying strips that are available.

The shelving was a quick option but objects that can be pulled off the wall and rearranged easily is a nice idea... need to think of what these objects would be. Think i'm blocking myself by imagining a front room when there are more rooms in the house with interesting objects in. Kitchens always have lots of hooks and hanging objects. Thinking about the bathroom with tiles that have different functions think their all sex aids or something, nice context.

2 comments:

James Miller said...

A good idea. I have proposed something similar on my blog to hang pictures.

http://anonw.wordpress.com/2010/02/04/velcro-wallpaper/

tluv00 said...

I actually patented this invention in the fourth grade. I won the Invention Convention. So please stop making it or I will have to sue.